Tuesday, June 16, 2009

stress overload

I forgot to mention earlier that one of the reasons I'm so very tired is because I'm on mental and emotional overload. I found out on Saturday morning that my Mom has breast cancer. She allready had a lupmectomy but they want to proceed with a double masectomy and radiation to get the rest of the cancer. I'm scared for my Mom but really my mind won't let me go to a place where I can believe that she won't beat this. I just know how long and painfull the path to recovery will be for her. Also I feel like my whole world has been turned upside down. I now have to start looking at my health and the health of my daughter in a whole new way. I've allready called my Dr. and I'll be having my first mamogram soon.

On top of that news my friend Jennifer K called me on Sunday morning as we were packing up to leave the hotel and told me her son, Jordan's good friend, Johnny had been in the hospital since Friday when he ruptured his spleen in a bike accident. He'll be ok but his summer is going to be spent on bed rest and he won't be able to play sports unitl 2010. Jordan and Johnny were a dangerous duo on the football field it's going to be rough watching him sit on the sidelines this season. Jordan and I visited him in the hospital yesterday. His blood counts are stablizing and they think he may go home sooner than expected but he'll be stuck on bed rest for 6 weeks. Can you imagine a 13 year old active boy confined to a bed? I just feel so bad for him but so increadibly greatfull at the same time that it didn't turn out a whole lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment